Just a quick post to acknowledge and thank CrazyTrainToTinkyTown for my Very Inspiring Blogger Award!!
Now I have to admit that I was rather puzzled that I inspire anyone with my ramblings, but each to their own, and as she freely admits, she is crazy! When thinking of which blogs inspire me in order to pass on the award to 7 others, it became apparent that inspiration really is objective and individual. It can be the quest for more ‘beautiful’ in life; or two girls named Molly and Alicia who inspire me not to lose my sense of fun, lightheartedness and earnest pursuit of making the most of every single day….preferably with a big dollop of silly thrown in; it can be the creative and talented work of others that inspire us, a celebration of the nerdy with a fellow book lover; it can be someone who isn’t just dreaming but actually taking the practical steps to make their dream of drifting off to see the world a reality; or it can be the intensely transfixing work of a blogger who creates intricate mazes….every day. Inspiration doesn’t have to be grandstanding on a medal podium and endless playback of the dedication and effort that went into that ultimate goal, it can be found in the everyday events of ordinary people who also share their own extraordinary with the world.
So here are my seven picks today to pass on this award in baton fashion in a never ending relay of blogging! :-
So, for this award you mention who nominated you in a post, copy and paste the url into your widget on WordPress dashboard (if you wish to permanently show off and display the actual award there) or just copy and paste the image into a post, nominate 7 other bloggers you find inspiring and let them know you have nominated them in a comment on their blog, and share 7 interesting things about yourself in your post – easy??!
It’s a struggle to come up with 7 more things I haven’t already told you about myself so apologies for the lame effort and useless facts:_
- I spent the year aged 9 – 10 practicing the ‘penny snatch’ off my elbow to try and get into the Guinness Book of Records – I made it to a stack of 14 if I recall before growing bored and moving on to “longest continual peel of apple” and “largest rubber band ball” – I am still trying to discover any freakish talent that will get me into that book.
- I play not one single musical instrument; I was even pretty awful on the recorder.
- I once won the discus event at school sports day with the longest throws but was disqualified and relegated to last position because I stepped over the line the wrong way when exiting…three times. It still pisses me off.
- I can’t speak any other language fluently other than English but I can say good morning in Welsh.
- I have never been skiing.
- I have a phobia of snakes and had to have hypnotherapy before emigrating to Australia to help me deal with the very real possibility of encountering one in real life.
- When I was a child my home became a temporary safe house for a communist defector from Romania who lived with us for a few weeks; (my father found him hiding at Hull Docks late at night after he quite literally jumped ship).
…….wait a minute…..what was that last one Nanna Prawn???!! It is a true story but it’s also there to check whether you read to the end!! I may explain more in a future post, it’s a curious aspect of my childhood and justly deserves a little more explanation!!
It’s a time of celebration, and I’m feeling very Olympic today!!